Thank you for your interest in the EnergySmartDC Solar Initiative. We encourage you to avail yourself of the resources on our website.
Please continue to check as we will soon announce new programs and initiatives aimed to support and promote green technologies in the District.
- District of Columbia Solar Map - Estimate any property’s rooftop solar potential, costs, and environmental benefits
- Planning for Home Renewable Energy Systems
- PV WATTS Calculator - Estimate Your PV System's Electrical Output
- How Solar Water Heating Systems Work
- Federal Tax Credits Available for Solar and Energy Efficiency Projects (The District of Columbia does not offer tax incentives at this time.)
- How Solar Electric Systems Work
- DCRA Guidelines for Solar PV Systems – Permitting and safety inspections
- DCRA Guidelines for Solar Thermal Systems – Permitting and safety inspections
- Pepco - Green Power Connection
- Pepco Green Power Connection – Interconnection of PV systems
- DC Public Service Commission Renewable Energy Portfolio Standard Program – Register solar systems to generate and sell solar renewable energy credits (SRECs)
- The DC Electric Vehicle Grand Prix is a hands-on educational opportunity for high schools. Student teams build and race battery powered electric cars.