DOEE can help you with your energy and utility bills. We have financial assistance, discounts and late bill forgiveness programs.
ADVISORY: DOEE’s Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) for the current fiscal year (October 1, 2015 – September 30, 2016) is now closed to new appointments. Residents who have proof of disconnection from electric or gas service or less than 5% of available home heating oil capacity may visit their local energy center for assistance.
Residents who are not disconnected, can begin calling on October 1, 2016 to schedule regular appointments that will begin on November 1, 2016.
Appointments are now required for in-person assistance, unless energy service has been disconnected.
Services for Low-Income Residents
- Help paying your utility bills (LIHEAP)
- DIY Home Energy Audit
- Discounts on your utility bills (UDP)
- Help weatherizing your home (WAP)
Additional Resources for Residents:
- Energy Choice DC
- Additional Renewable Energy Resources for Residents
- Additional Energy Efficiency Resources for Residents
- Do-It-Yourself Home Energy Audits
- Energy Assistance Frequently Asked Questions
- Energy Efficiency Workshop and Kit
- EnergySmartDC Solar Initiative for Low-Income Residents
Additional Resources for Businesses:
- Draft LIHEAP State Plan for Fiscal Year 2017
- Draft WAP State Plan for Fiscal Year 2017 – Weatherization Assistance Program
- WAP State Plan for Fiscal Year 2016 – Revision 1 - Weatherization Assistance Program
- District of Columbia Fiscal Year 2016 Draft LIHEAP State Plan
- WAP State Plan for Fiscal Year 2016 - Weatherization Assistance Program
- WAP State Plan for Fiscal Year 2015 – Weatherization Assistance Program
- District of Columbia Fiscal Year 2015 LIHEAP State Plan
- LIHEAP Public Hearing Register Notice
DC Sustainable Energy Utility (DCSEU)
The DCSEU helps DC residents and businesses use less energy and save money.
Get Ready to Take Control - Pepco Smart Meters
Get a new smart meter from Pepco to help you take control of the energy you use in your home each and every day.