The District has banned the use of food service products made of expanded polystyrene. Read More>>
Energy Assistance and Weatherization
DOEE can help you with your energy and utility bills. We have financial assistance, discounts and late bill forgiveness programs.
Services for Low-Income Residents
- Help paying your utility bills (LIHEAP)
- DIY Home Energy Audit
- Discounts on your utility bills (UDP)
- Help weatherizing your home (WAP)
ATTENTION LOW INCOME RESIDENTS!
If you are eligible to receive or currently receiving the “Residential Aid Discount” or “RAD” on your electric bill and are considering switching to an independent electric supplier (i.e. not PEPCO), you will likely LOSE most of your discount upon switching. To learn how switching may impact your bill, call PEPCO Customer Care at 202-833-7500 BEFORE you switch so that you can make an informed decision.
Additional Resources for Residents:
- Additional Renewable Energy Resources for Residents
- Additional Energy Efficiency Resources for Residents
- Do-It-Yourself Home Energy Audits
- Energy Assistance Frequently Asked Questions
- Energy Efficiency Workshop and Kit
- EnergySmartDC Solar Initiative for Low-Income Residents
Additional Resources for Businesses:
- District of Columbia Fiscal Year 2016 Draft LIHEAP State Plan
- WAP State Plan for Fiscal Year 2016 - Weatherization Assistance Program
- WAP State Plan for Fiscal Year 2015 – Weatherization Assistance Program
- District of Columbia Fiscal Year 2015 LIHEAP State Plan
- LIHEAP Public Hearing Register Notice
DC Sustainable Energy Utility (DCSEU)
The DCSEU helps DC residents and businesses use less energy and save money.
Get Ready to Take Control - Pepco Smart Meters
Get a new smart meter from Pepco to help you take control of the energy you use in your home each and every day.