Remediation and Site Response Program- This group directs, performs, and assists with investigations and cleanups of contaminated District land.
- Anacostia River - CSX Benning Yard - Kenilworth Park
- Pepco Benning Road - Poplar Point - Riggs Park
- Washington Gas- East Station - DC United Soccer Stadium
Department of Defense Cleanup Sites
- Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling - Spring Valley - Washington Navy Yard
- Anacostia River 2032 Update- An interactive map with an overview of District cleanup sites.
Brownfield Development- A brownfield is a property where expansion or development is complicated by the presence of hazardous substances or contamination. The District’s brownfield program, known as the Voluntary Cleanup Program (VCP), incentivizes the voluntary cleanup of brownfields.
- Enroll in the VCP- Find all necessary applications and guidance to enroll in the VCP
- Services Provided by the VCP- This page gives an overview of the services provided by this program and how it can help owners or developers remediate contaminated sites.
- Current and Remediated VCP Sites- Many properties have successfully completed the VCP, improving the environment and the economy.
- Report a Brownfield: Help identify a brownfield in your neighborhood by using this online form.