Investing in energy efficiency measures and incorporating energy conservation within your business not only helps our environment, but also your bottom line.
By making your business more efficient, you can avoid unnecessary energy use, save money, and reduce your environmental footprint. Explore the services and programs available to help make your business a more energy efficient operation!
- DC Green Bank - The DC Green Bank is capitalized with limited public funds to attract private capital investment, which are then used to offer loans, leases, credit enhancements, and other financing services to close funding gaps for energy focused retrofits, clean energy installation, and sustainable development projects.
- Property Assessed Clean Energy (DC PACE) - DC PACE provides affordable, long-term financing that will help District property owners implement energy efficiency improvements.
Incentives and Rebate Programs
- The DC Sustainable Energy Utility (DCSEU): The DCSEU provides rebates and incentives to make local businesses and buildings more energy efficient.
- Commercial Green Incentives: DOEE offers multiple ways to green your commercial property and make your business more sustainable. We can help you save money and the environment.
Resources and Programs
- Electric Vehicle rebates and incentives: Learn more about the tax incentives and utility rebates available in the District
- GreenWrench Technical Assistance: GreenWrench provides free pollution prevention guidance and training to District mechanics and auto body shops. GreenWrench is designed to help businesses become compliant with local and federal environmental regulations, protect the environment and improve their bottom line.
- MapDwell: MapDwell allows users to precisely estimate rooftop solar electric potential (PV) panels for almost every building in a given city by a simple click or by inputting an address.
- RiverSmart Green Roof Rebate Program: Implementing green roofs not only help filter rain water, but can also reduce the HVAC load for the building. DOEE offers a rebate of $10 – $15 per square foot for voluntary installations of green roofs around the District. or the municipal storm sewer system ($15/sq.ft.).
- ENERGY STAR for Business: Improve your company's financial performance by reducing energy waste and energy costs, while protecting the environment.
- ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager: Track and assess energy and water consumption across your entire portfolio of buildings.
- Pepco for Businesses