ALERT: DOEE is not accepting appointments for utility assistance applications at this time. Please visit the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program page for more information.
DOEE has financial assistance, discounts, and energy efficiency programs to help District residents with their utility bills. Please see below for services available to District residents.
Services for Income Eligible Residents
- Receive Help Paying Your Energy Bills (LIHEAP)
- Receive Discounts on Your Utility Bills (UDP)
- Receive Help Paying Your DC Water Bill (LIHWAP) or
Discounts on Your DC Water Bill (CRIAC)
- Receive Assistance Replacing Your Partial Lead Service Line (LPRAP)
- Make Your Home More Energy Efficient with the Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP)
- Reduce Your Electric Bill with Solar for All (SfA)
- Receive Assistance Reducing Lead Paint in Your Home (EERP)
Customers who receive assistance with their energy bills through LIHEAP are automatically eligible to receive a free Home Energy Kit from the DC Sustainable Energy Utility (DCSEU). Home Energy Kits include six energy-efficient LED light bulbs, a smart power strip, and a bathroom faucet aerator, and will help you reduce your energy use and your carbon footprint. Request a Home Energy Kit.
Additional Resources for Residents
- 2018 Energy Burden Report
- Do-It-Yourself Home Energy Audits
- Energy Assistance Frequently Asked Questions
- Solar Initiative
Additional Resources for Businesses: