The energy assistance centers located at 2100 Martin Luther King Avenue SE & 1207 Taylor Street NW are accepting limited in-person appointments. Applicants must have an appointment to come to the energy assistance centers. To schedule an in-person appointment, please call 311 (202-737-4404). Walk-ins will not be accepted. Applicants may also apply online by visiting LIHEAP or fax their completed and signed application to 202-671-0802 if you live in Wards 1-6 or 202-673-6725 if you live in Wards 6,7 & 8.
- All Residents seeking energy assistance will need to provide the following information with their application:
- Government issued unexpired photo identification for the applicant only
- Social security cards for all household members
- Proof of current income for all household members
- Recent Washington Gas, PEPCO, and DC Water utility bills
Residents seeking emergency electric or gas assistance must provide documentation from PEPCO and/or Washington Gas that states their service has been disconnected when applying for assistance.
DOEE has financial assistance, discounts, and energy efficiency programs to help District residents with their utility bills. Please see below for services available to District residents.
Services for Income Eligible Residents
- Receive Help Paying Your Energy Bills (LIHEAP)
- Receive Discounts on Your Utility Bills (UDP)
- Receive Help Paying Your DC Water Bill (LIHWAP) or
Discounts on Your DC Water Bill (CRIAC)
- Receive Assistance Replacing Your Partial Lead Service Line (LPRAP)
- Make Your Home More Energy Efficient with the Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP)
- Reduce Your Electric Bill with Solar for All (SfA)
- Receive Assistance Reducing Lead Paint in Your Home (EERP)
Additional Resources for Residents
- 2018 Energy Burden Report
- Do-It-Yourself Home Energy Audits
- Energy Assistance Frequently Asked Questions
- Solar Initiative
- Third-Party Energy Suppliers in the District
Additional Resources for Businesses: