DOEE has financial assistance, discounts, and energy efficiency programs to help District residents with their utility bills. Please see below for services available to District residents.
ADVISORY: Appointments or online applications are required for District residents to apply for energy assistance with DOEE.
District residents must apply for assistance by completing an online application or by calling 3-1-1 to schedule an in-person appointment.
If your energy service is not disconnected: call 3-1-1 beginning October 7, 2019 for appointments taking place after November 1, 2019.
ADVISORY: The Emergency Mechanical Systems Program is available to single family homeowners that have inoperable central air conditioning units, heating systems, hot water tanks, and chimney liners. Funding is on a first come first serve basis. For more information, please call (202) 299-3316.
Services for Income Eligible Residents
- Receive Help Paying Your Energy Bills (LIHEAP)
- Receive Discounts on Your Utility Bills (UDP)
- Make Your Home More Energy Efficient with the Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP)
- NEW: Receive Help with Your DC Water Bill (CRIAC)
- NEW: Lead Pipe Replacement Assistance Program
Additional Resources for Residents
- 2018 Energy Burden Report
- Do-It-Yourself Home Energy Audits
- Energy Assistance Frequently Asked Questions
- Solar Initiative
Additional Resources for Businesses:
Request for Policy Advisory Council members:
Are you interested in energy efficiency and helping families stay safe in their homes? Consider joining the Energy Efficiency and Conservation Branch (EECB) Policy Advisory Council (PAC) to advise the Department of Energy and Environment (DOEE) on issues related to the administration of EECB programs.
- Attend quarterly conference calls
- Meet in-person twice a year
- Serve a two-year term
- Review and provide feedback on program manuals, standard operating procedures (SOPs), the Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) State Plan, department web page, and other materials used for program administration.
If you are interested in participating, please contact to Jennifer Kulp at [email protected].