Open Government Material
The District is committed to a transparent, open form of government. District agency websites are required to make certain records available online to the public, if those records exist. In cases where these records exist but are not yet available online, agencies are working to provide them as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact the DOEE FOIA Officer (contact information below). The following information is required to be made public under D.C. Official Code § 2-536.
- Public Employee Salary Information
(Please note that this is the complete listing of District employees. Agency designation is located in column two.)
- DOEE's FY 19 Budget
- Grants and Funding
- P Card Transactions
- Procurements and Payments
- Awarded Contracts
- DOEE Regulations
- Sustainable DC
- DC Sustainable Energy Utility Advisory Board Meeting Minutes
- DOEE Organizational Chart
- District-wide FOIA Reports
- DOEE Performance Plans
- Final Opinions Made in the Adjudication of Cases (TBA)
- Frequently requested public records are available via FOIA request and include (but are not limited to):
- Underground Storage Tank/Leaking Underground Storage Tank (UST/LUST) listings;
- Hazardous Waste records;
- Lead records;
- Asbestos records;
- Notices of Violation (NOV) and Notices of Infraction (NOI)
- To submit feedback on DOEE’s performance or other agency actions, please call 202-535-2600 or contact us through our Ask the Director page.
If you cannot find the information you are looking for here or elsewhere on DC.gov you can submit a FOIA request online via the DC government Public FOIA Portal. Requests may also be submitted by mail, fax or email. However, please note that FOIA requests submitted online will be easier to track and process.
To understand the process before making a request, please see foia.dc.gov.
The FOIA Officer is the principal contact point within DOEE for advice and policy guidance on matters pertaining to the administration of the FOIA. All requests are handled professionally and expeditiously. DOEE’s FOIA Officer’s information is listed below.
General Counsel – Department of Energy and Environment
Government of the District of Columbia
1200 First Street NE, 5th Floor
Washington, DC 20002
Phone: (202) 481-3845