Department of Energy & Environment

DC Agency Top Menu

Cold Emergency Activated: Additional services and supports are available for residents experiencing homelessness.
If you see someone in need of shelter, call 311 or (202) 399-7093.
If someone is in immediate danger, call 911.

-A +A
Bookmark and Share

Well Permits

In accordance with DC Law § 8-103.13a, the Water Quality Division reviews permit applications to install wells (see definition of wells below) in private and public space through the Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs and the District Department of Transportation. The DDOE Building Permit Application Supplemental Form - Environmental Questionnaire [PDF] must be completed as a part of the well permit application with supporting documents such as, workplans and figures showing proposed well locations.

Wells are defined by DC Law § 8-103.01(26A) as any test hole, shaft, or soil excavation created by any means including, but not limited to, drilling, coring, boring, washing, driving, digging, or jetting, for purposes including, but not limited to, locating, testing, diverting, artificially recharging, or withdrawing fluids, or for the purpose of underground injection.

For more information on well permits, please contact [email protected]

To schedule an appointment, please contact:

Mr. Jamie C. Foster

1100 4th Street SW, Suite 3027
Washington, DC 20024

(202) 442-9259

[email protected]

Contact TTY: