Hosted by the Department of Energy and Environment (DOEE) and District Department of Transportation (DDOT), the 2015 Tree Summit will bring together stakeholders from the private, public, and non-profit sectors to: share best practices for planting trees on private, federal and District-owned properties; improve coordination and collaboration; and to identify partners that will join us in planting 3,000 new trees on private property in 2016.
Thanks for your interest, due to capacity, registration for the Tree Summit is now closed.
- Questions or interested in being a Summit sponsor? Email [email protected]
- Department of Energy and Environment
- District Department of Transportation
- American University
- School of International Service is located at the corner of Nebraska and New Mexico Avenues
- Paid On-Campus Parking Map
- Red Line to Tenleytown Station
- Take the American University Blue Shuttle Bus located at the corner of 40th and Albemarle Streets to campus
2015 Tree Summit Agenda (Subject to Change)
Registration - 8:30-9:00 am.
Welcome - 9:00-9:30 am.
Presentation – American University - 9:30-10:00 am.
Remarks from Mayor Muriel Bowser - 10:00 - 10:15 am.
Presentations – NASA and Smithsonian Institution - 10:15 – 11:00 am.
Break - 11:00-11:15 am.
Workshops - 11:20 am. - 12:20 pm.
Workshop Reports & Closing Remarks - 12:25-1:00 pm.
Tour of American University Tree Campus (Optional) - 1:00-2:00 pm.