The District offers a vast amount of environmental data for interested researchers and residents to access.
- DOEE Enforcement Dashboard: Use this map to learn about Notices of Infraction issued by DOEE to enforce environmental laws and regulations.
- Climate Change - Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions: To lead by example, and to capitalize on the many benefits of energy efficiency and climate protection, the District government is committed to reducing its greenhouse gas emissions by 30% by 2020.
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions Inventory: A city wide Inventory of Greenhouse Gas Emissions found that buildings are responsible for 74% of the greenhouse gas emissions in the District.
- Energy Benchmarking Results: Energy benchmarking means tracking a building’s energy and water use and using a standard metric to compare the building’s performance against past performance and to its peers nationwide.
- Total Maximum Daily Loads - TMDLs: EPA requires DC to calculate the maximum amount of a pollutant that its water bodies can receive and still meet water quality standards.
DOEE offers several environmentally related maps as helpful resources. Read More>>
Real Time Environmental Data