DOEE is seeking eligible entities, as defined below, to provide funding for one or more eligible applicants to partner with the Department of Energy and Environment's (DOEE) Green Zone Environmental Program (GZEP) to provide young adults, ages 22-24, with the following:
- Hands-on experience installing and operating new solar energy sources in the District and energy efficiency measures;
- Education and training on issues related to solar and renewable energy and energy efficiency, including safety, construction, sustainability, and climate change;
- Skills necessary to enter and succeed in the workforce; and
- Opportunities for participants to learn about and apply for post-summer training, jobs and internships and in the fields of solar and renewable energy and energy efficiency.
Grantees may submit proposals up to $50,000. DOEE may issue multiple grants within its $50,000 budget to achieve the stated objectives. The amount available for the project in this Request for Applications (RFA) is approximately $50,000.00. This amount is subject to continuing availability of funding and approval by the appropriate agencies.
Beginning 3/4/2016, the full text of the RFA will be available online at DOEE’s website. A person may obtain a copy of this RFA by any of the following means:
Download from the attachments below;
Email a request to [email protected] with “Request copy of RFA 2016-1604” in the subject line;
Pick up a copy in person from the DOEE reception desk, located at 1200 First Street NE, 5th Floor, Washington, DC 20002. Call Ben Stutz at (202) 481-3839 to make an appointment and mention this RFA by name; or
Write DOEE at 1200 First Street NE, 5th Floor, Washington, DC 20002, “Attn: Ben Stutz RE:2016-1604” on the outside of the letter.
A Pre-application meeting will be held on Wednesday March 16th, 2016 at 2:30 p.m. at
DOEE headquarters located at 1200 First Street N.E. Suite 500.
The deadline for application submissions is 4/4/2016, at 4:30 p.m. Five hard copies must be submitted to the above address and a complete electronic copy must be e-mailed to [email protected].
Eligibility: The bulleted list of institutions below may apply for these grants:
- Nonprofit organizations, including those with IRS 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) determinations;
- Faith-based organizations;
- Government agencies
- Universities/educational institutions; and
- Private Enterprises.
For additional information regarding this RFA, please contact DOEE as instructed in the RFA document, at [email protected].