What is the Green Power Partnership? The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Green Power Partnership is a voluntary program that encourages organizations to buy green power to reduce the environmental impacts of their electricity use. The Partnership currently has more than 1,300 Partner organizations who purchase more than 17 billion kilowatt-hours of green power each year. Partners include Fortune 500® companies, small and medium sized businesses, local, state, and federal governments, and colleges and universities. For more information visit EPA's Green Power website.
See what DC Green Power Partners are already doing to promote renewable energy, clean the air, and create green jobs:
- Buy Green Power in DC
- DC Community Profile
- Carbon Reduction Poster [PDF]
- Green Power Partners [PDF]
- Become a Green Power Partner
- Green Power Community Frequently Asked Questions [PDF]
EPA has developed various tools and resources that will aid you in meeting your Partnership goals and leveraging the benefits of your green power purchase. The following list represents a few of the many resources available to Partners:
- EPA's Green Power Partner Mark
- Equivalency Calculator
- Communications Tools and Resources for Partners
- The Guide to Purchasing Green Power
- Ask us how we can help you in announcing your purchase!