Revisions to Automotive Painting Regulations
Notice is hereby given that a public outreach meeting will be held on September 29, 2015, at 5:00 p.m. in Room 718 at 1200 First Street, N.E., 5th Floor, in Washington, D.C. The Department of Energy and Environment (the Department) is beginning the process of revising the air quality regulations governing automotive painting in the District of Columbia. The current regulations can be found at 20 DCMR 718. The Department will host a public outreach meeting on September 29, 2015 to allow interested parties to provide input to the revised regulations. Examples of regulation revisions the Department is considering and wishes to receive input on are as follows:
- Adoption of the more stringent volatile organic compound (VOC) paint content standards currently in place in California and some other states;
- Possible VOC emission control strategies such as the use of carbon filters, carbon cartridges, carbon beds, or other control methods;
- Emission stack parameters, such as height restrictions;
- Paint booth design parameters; or
- Any other emission or odor control strategies that might be suggested at the stakeholder meeting.
We are requesting that those planning to attend the meeting notify Mr. William Bolden at 202-535-2250 or [email protected] by September 28, 2015. Alternatively, please feel free to submit written suggestions to Mr. Bolden at 1200 First Street N.E., 5th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20002 by September 28, 2015.