NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING AND NOTICE OF SOLICITATION FOR PUBLIC COMMENT
Weatherization Assistance Program Draft State Plan for Fiscal Year 2017
Notice is hereby given that the Department of Energy and Environment (the Department) is soliciting comments from the public on the Department’s Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) Draft State Plan for Fiscal Year 2017. The Department invites the public to present feedback, input, and comments on the WAP Draft State Plan. The Department intends to review the components of the Draft State Plan at the public hearing. Feedback may be expressed in person at the public hearing or in writing.
Public Hearing: Monday, March 28, 2016, 6:00 pm
Department of Energy and Environment
1200 First Street, NE, 5th Floor
Washington, D.C. 20002
Nearest Metro Stop: NoMa-Gallaudet University
Written Comments due by: March 28, 2016, 5:00 pm
Authority for the program is provided by:
- The Department of the Environment Establishment Act of 2005, §§ 101 et seq., effective February 15, 2006, as amended (D.C. Law 16-51; D.C. Official Code §§ 8-151.01 et seq. (2008 Repl. & 2013 Supp.));
- District of Columbia Office of Energy Act of 1980, §§ 2 et seq., effective March 4, 1981, as amended (D.C. Law 3-132; D.C. Official Code §§ 8-171.01 et seq. (2008 Repl. & 2013 Supp.));
- Clean and Affordable Energy Act of 2008, §§ 101 et seq., effective Oct. 22, 2008, as amended (D.C. Law 17-250; D.C. Official Code §§ 8-1773.01, 8-1774.01 et seq. (2008 Repl. & 2013 Supp.)); and
- Mayor’s Order 2006-61, dated June 14, 2006, and its delegations of authority.
The Draft State Plan is available for public review. A person may obtain a copy of the Draft State Plan by any of the following means:
Download the .pdf document attached below
Email a request to [email protected] with “Request copy of WAP Draft State Plan 2017 in the subject line;
Pick up a copy in person from the Department reception desk, located at 1200 First Street NE, 5th Floor, Washington DC 20002. Call the Department’s reception at (202) 535-2600 and mention the WAP State Plan by name; or
Write, the Department at 1200 First Street, N.E., 5th Floor, Washington, DC 20002, “Attn: Request copy of WAP Draft State Plan 2017” on the outside of the letter.
Comments may be provided in person or in writing. A person need not attend the public hearing to submit comments on a State Plan.
The public hearing will take place at the above-stated time and place. The public hearing will continue until the presiding officer determines that everyone has had a meaningful opportunity to be heard. The presiding officer may limit the time in which to comment. A person who is unavailable to arrive at the opening time may reserve a time to speak by contacting the Department, as described below, in this notice. A person attending the public hearing should check in with the guard in the building lobby, and then go to the Department’s reception desk on the 5th floor.
Written comments should be clearly marked “WAP Draft State Plan” and either
- E-mailed to [email protected]; or
- Mailed or hand-delivered to the Department of Energy and Environment, Energy Administration, 1200 First Street, NE, 5th Floor, Washington, DC 20002, Attention: WAP Draft State Plan.
The State Plan contact: For additional information regarding the public hearing or written comments please send an email to [email protected].
The Department is committed to considering the public’s comments while finalizing the WAP Draft State Plan. Interested persons may submit written comments on the draft plan, which must include the person’s name; telephone number; affiliation, if any; mailing address; a statement outlining their concerns; and any facts underscoring those concerns. All comments must be submitted no later March 28, 2016 at 5:00 pm.
DOEE appreciates the time, insight, and expertise that go into submitting comments. DOEE will carefully consider all of the comments that it receives.
Learn the basics of life-saving hands only CPR in 20 minutes. Visit the DC FEMS Hands on Hearts campaign at http://handsonhearts.dc.gov to sign up for existing classes or email [email protected] to schedule a class for your office or organization.