DOEE seeks proposals for community-oriented projects that raise awareness about stormwater issues, through education, installation of runoff-reducing green infrastructure, art installations, or other means as described in the Request for Applications (RFA). A total of $140,000 is available for this competition. DOEE expects to make multiple awards for up to $20,000. Applicants are welcome to submit applications for more than one project. Each project requires a complete and separate application. To learn more about previously funded grants, view Community Stormwater Solutions Grant program page.The overview of stormwater-related issues in the District is also available for viewing.
The deadline for this competition has been extended to January 27, 2017 at 5:00pm.
A person may obtain a copy of this RFA by any of the following means:
Download from the attachments below.
Email a request to [email protected] with “Request copy of RFA 2016-1705-SWMD” in the subject line.
Pick up a copy in person from the Department’s reception desk, located at 1200 First Street NE, 5th Floor, Washington, DC 20002. To make an appointment, call Emily Rice at (202) 535-2679 and mention this RFA by name.
Write DOEE at 1200 First Street NE, 5th Floor, Washington, DC 20002, “Attn: Emily Rice RE:2016-1705-SWMD” on the outside of the envelope.
DOEE will host public information sessions:
- December 7 at 7pm: Woodridge Library – 1801 Hamlin Street NE (Rhode Island Metro Station)
- December 8 at 1pm: DOEE Headquarters – 1200 First Street NE (NOMA/Gallaudet Metro)
- December 13 at 7pm: Shaw Library – 1630 7th Street NW (Shaw-Howard Metro)
- December 14 at 7pm: Benning Library – 3935 Benning Rd NE (Minnesota Ave Metro)
- January 4, 2017 at 1pm: DOEE Headquarters – 1200 First Street NE (NOMA/Gallaudet Metro)
Eligibility: The following entities may apply for these grants—
- Nonprofit organizations, including those with IRS 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) determinations
- Faith-based organizations
- Government agencies
- Universities/educational institutions
- Private Enterprises
For additional information regarding this funding opportunity, write to: [email protected].
Please NOTE, the RFA has been amended on page 22, in the Project Outputs and Deliverables section, with the following sentence: ‘Examples include:’