<< Back to Mold - What To Do main page
There are two methods to obtain a DOEE mold professional license. One method is to apply online. The other is to print and submit a paper copy of the application. Documents to be submitted with the application include:
- Proof of education and/or mold field experience
- Insurance Policy, and
- Successful completion of the DOEE-approved assessor or remediator examination.
Proof of Education and/or Mold Field Experience
Applicants must show proof of satisfactory completion of mold field experience by uploading or submitting a copy of previous job reports, an invoice that includes mold assessment or mold remediation, or a brief description and dates of services performed.
- High school graduate applicants must have at least three years working within the industry. You must provide:
- Proof of completing at least two mold assessment or remediation service jobs per year over the course of three years (six jobs total).
- Associate or higher degree applicants must have a minimum of thirty semester hours in microbiology, engineering, architecture, industrial hygiene, occupational safety, or a related field of science from an accredited institution. You must provide:
- Proof of completing two mold assessment or mold remediation services within at least one year
- Professional certification applicant must be certified as an industrial hygienist, professional engineer, registered sanitarian, certified safety professional, or registered architect. You must provide:
- Proof of completing one mold assessment or mold remediation services during the previous year or, at minimum, the last six months.
Proof of Insurance
To satisfy the insurance requirement, please upload or submit a copy of your or your company’s insurance certificate. An indoor mold assessment professional or company must maintain a general liability and errors and omissions insurance coverage of at least one million dollars for preliminary and post-remediation mold assessment. An indoor mold remediation professional or company must maintain a general liability policy in an amount of at least one million dollars that includes specific coverage for mold-related and general pollution claims.
Proof of passing a mold examination
To satisfy the mold examination requirement, submit a copy of a certificate showing that you have passed a DOEE-approved examination for mold assessment or mold remediation.