In the five and a half years since the finalization of the 2013 Rule on Stormwater Management and Soil Erosion and Sediment Control (2013 Stormwater Rule), DOEE has learned from its implementation of the regulations. On February 15, 2019, DOEE proposed amendments to the stormwater management regulations.
DOEE has updated and expanded the SWMG to be consistent with proposed regulatory amendments. DOEE has also updated and expanded the SWMG to incorporate technical changes to stormwater Best Management Practice design standards and to clarify existing guidelines and processes. These updates also include changes that DOEE published as Clarifications to 2013 Stormwater Management Rule and Guidebook in 2014 and 2017. These Clarifications have been incorporated into the SWMG and are not shown as tracked. However, they still may be commented on.
The information on this page is related to the 2019 proposed revision to the Stormwater Management Guidebook. Access the current version of the Stormwater Management Guidebook.
Understanding the Revision
- File attachments below include:
- A full copy of the Stormwater Management Guidebook showing changes tracked
- A full copy of the Stormwater Management Guidebook with changes accepted
- A summary of the changes to the Stormwater Management Guidebook
- A full copy of previous clarifications and errata
- Maps showing areas affected by the regulatory change
- Estimate how the stormwater management regulations will apply to you project after the regulatory change takes effect.
- View a searchable map of areas that drain to the Combined Sewer System areas and areas that drain directly or through the MS4 to waterbodies.
- Sign up to attend a training workshop
- Workshop slides
Submitting comments on the proposed revision
DOEE will accept comments on the proposed revision until 4:30pm on April 1, 2019. To comment, you may
- Mail or hand-deliver comments to:
Department of Energy and Environment
Attention: DOEE Stormwater Management Guidebook
1200 First Street NE, 5th Floor
Washington, DC 20002
- Email comments to James Dunbar at [email protected] with the subject indicated as “DOEE Stormwater Management Guidebook”
- Attend a public hearing at DOEE on March 20 at 4pm. Sign up online or contact Regan Wilhelm at [email protected] or (202) 671-5004 by 4pm on March 19th if you wish to present testimony