DOEE seeks eligible entities to work toward the District's objective to increase tree canopy coverage to 40% by 2032, by planting an additional 7,870 trees over two years, with a focus on overburdened and underserved communities in Wards 5,7, and 8. Through the grant, DOEE expects to incentivize the planting of new trees, maintain newly planted trees to ensure they are established within two years of planting, and as appropriate throughout the process, engage community members, organizations, stakeholders, and landowners. The amount available for the project is $1,725,000.
A person may obtain a copy of this RFA by any of the following means:
Download from the Attachments below.
Email a request to [email protected] “Request copy of RFA-FY23-WPD-827” in the subject line.
UPDATED on 8/25/2023
The deadline for application submissions has been extended until September 11, 2023. The online application must be time-stamped by 11:59 p.m. on the date the application is due.
The following changes have been made to the RFA:
- The funding amount increased from $1,600,000 to $1,725,000, as an additional funding source was identified.
- The requested tree numbers increased from 7300 to 7870.
- Some clarifications were made regarding funding uses on DC and Federal owned properties.
Eligibility: The institutions below may apply for these grant funds:
- Nonprofit organizations, including those with IRS 501(c)(3);
- Faith-based organizations; and
- Private Enterprises
For additional information regarding this RFA, write to: [email protected]
Submit an application through the Grants Application Portal.