NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
NOTICE TO COMMENT IN WRITING
WAP State Plan for Fiscal Year 2015 – Weatherization Assistance Program
Hearing: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 11:00 am
District Department of the Environment
1200 First Street, NE, 5th Floor
NoMa-Gallaudet University Metro Stop, Washington, D.C.
Written Comments due by: July 30, 2014, 4:30 pm
The District Department of the Environment (“DDOE”) invites the public to present its feedback, input, and comments on the FY 2015 Draft State Plan for Weatherization Assistance Program. DDOE intends to review all components of the State Plan at the public hearing. Feedback may be expressed in person at the public hearing or in writing.
Authority for the program is provided by:
- District Department of the Environment Establishment Act of 2005, §§ 101 et seq., effective February 15, 2006, as amended (D.C. Law 16-51; D.C. Official Code §§ 8-151.01 et seq. (2008 Repl. & 2013 Supp.));
- District of Columbia Office of Energy Act of 1980, §§ 2 et seq., effective March 4, 1981, as amended (D.C. Law 3-132; D.C. Official Code §§ 8-171.01 et seq. (2008 Repl. & 2013 Supp.));Clean and Affordable Energy Act of 2008, §§ 101 et seq., effective Oct. 22, 2008, as amended (D.C. Law 17-250; D.C. Official Code §§ 8-1773.01, 8-1774.01 et seq. (2008 Repl. & 2013 Supp.)); and
- Mayor’s Order 2006-61, dated June 14, 2006, and its delegations of authority.
Comments may be provided in person or in writing. A person need not attend the public hearing in order to submit comments on a State Plan.
The public hearing will take place at the above-stated time and place. The public hearing will continue until the presiding officer determines that everyone has had a meaningful opportunity to be heard. The presiding officer may limit the time in which to comment. A person who is unavailable to arrive at the opening time may reserve a time to speak, by contacting DDOE, as described below, in this notice. A person attending the public hearing should check in with the guard in the building lobby, then go to DDOE’s reception desk on the 5th floor.
Written comments may be submitted directly to DDOE by mail, hand delivery, or email. Instructions for submitting written comments appear below, in this notice. DDOE will accept written comments until Wednesday, July 30, 2014 at 4:30 pm
Obtaining text of the State Plan for WAP. The document will be available at DDOE’s website and from DDOE’s offices, as described below in this notice. The document will become available on the DDOE web page, described below, in this notice, as follows:
- The WAP Draft State plan on Friday, July 18, 2014, at noon.
A person may obtain a copy of the document by any of the following methods:
- Download document attached below;
- Email a request to [email protected]with “Request copy of WAP State Plan 2015” in the subject line;In person by making an appointment to examine a copy in DDOE's offices at the 5th floor reception desk at the street address below (call DDOE reception at 202-535-2600 and mention the State Plan by name). DDOE is located one block west of the NOMA Red Line Station, at the corner of M Street and First Street NE; or
- In person by making an appointment to examine a copy in DDOE's offices at the 5th floor reception desk at the street address below (call DDOE reception at 202-535-2600 and mention the State Plan by name). DDOE is located one block west of the NOMA Red Line Station, at the corner of M Street and First Street NE; or
- Mail, by writing to DDOE at 1200 First Street, N.E., 5th Floor, Washington, DC 20002, “Attn: Request copy of WAP State Plan 2015” on the outside of the letter.
The State Plan contact: For additional information regarding the public hearing or written comments please send an email to [email protected].
DDOE appreciates the time, insight, and expertise that go into submitting comments. DDOE will carefully consider all of the comments that it receives.
Instructions for Submitting Written Comments
Written comments should: (1) identify the commenter, and commenter’s organization, if any; (2) be clearly marked “WAP FY 2015”, and be mailed or hand-delivered to DDOE Energy Administration, Energy Efficiency and Conservation Branch, 1200 First Street, N.E., 5th Floor Washington, DC 20002.