Funded by the Green Building Fund, the Department of Energy and Environment in collaboration with the Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs, created the Green Light Grant Program to support innovative projects to “green” the built environment in the District of Columbia. Grant projects focus on research, data analysis, training, or engagement help the District lead the way in enacting innovative policies that drive toward greater social, environmental and economic sustainability for our city. Since the program launched in 2013, over $1.65 million has been invested in twelve projects. New grant opportunities are available on a rolling basis as determined by the Green Building Advisory Council.
Current Grant projects: Learn more about DOEE Grant projects.
- Greening the Multiple Listing Service
- Green Appraisals
- Smart Buildings Plan
- Zero Energy/Water and Living Building Challenge Cost/Benefit Analysis
- Assessing the Health Impacts of Urban Heat Island Reduction Strategies
- Energy Performance Data Quality Assurance
- Green Building Displays
- Green Building Program Manual