CONTACT: Julia Robey Christian, PIO, (202) 741-0842 desk, (202) 450-7878 cell, [email protected]
A total of $208,812 will fund 11 community-oriented stormwater projects
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, May 16, 2017 – The Department of Energy and Environment recently awarded 11 grants totaling $208,812 for innovative, community-oriented projects aimed at improving water quality in the District and raising awareness about issues related to stormwater runoff. This is the second year DOEE has offered Community Stormwater Solutions grants. The first cohort included nine grants totaling $156,500 in 2016.
The 2017 Community Stormwater Solutions grantees and projects are:
- Anacostia Watershed Society – Awareness through Art: Storm Drain Murals Project - $20,000
- Anacostia Waterfront Trust – Anacostia Advocacy Photo Database Project - $20,000
- Anacostia Waterfront Trust – Anacostia StoryMap Project - $20,000
- Building Bridges across the River – Living Classrooms Project - $20,000
- Capital City Public Charter School – Trash Talk: Student-led Action Projects - $19,055
- Dance Place – 8th Street Arts Park: Artistic Downspout and Trash Receptacles Project - $18,230
- Designgreen, LLC – pokeFLOW: Augmented Reality for Stormwater Education - $19,980
- Earth Conservation Corps – Reducing Single-Use Plastic Bottle Waste through Awareness, Education, and Art - $19.987
- National Housing Trust – Enterprise Preservation Corporation – Copeland Manor Rain Garden, Resident Engagement, and Storm Drain Mural Project - $20,000
- Natural Resources Design, Inc. – RiverTools: Training Maintenance Kit for Schools - $20,000
- Rooted and Sustained, LLC – Strengthening Community and Watershed Stewardship in River Terrace - $11,560
The Community Stormwater Solutions program requires applicants be physically located in the District. Nonprofits, faith-based organizations, government agencies, educational institutions, and small businesses are eligible to apply for up to $20,000.
Read more about the program and the grantees here. Sign up for email updates on the program, including notice of funding availability, deadline reminders, and pre-application information meeting dates here.