DOEE seeks eligible entities to engage in early design assistance for building projects committed to pursuing net-zero energy. Net-zero energy buildings are cleaner, more comfortable, and more affordable to operate than traditional buildings. The Clean Energy DC plan calls for net-zero energy building codes by 2026. This grant will produce additional case studies and build the capacity of the development community in advance of a statutory requirement. Applicants may apply for up to $20,000. The total amount available is approximately $78,000.
Beginning March 29, 2019, the full text of the Request for Applications (RFA) will be available on the Department’s website. A person may obtain a copy of this RFA by any of the following means:
- Download from the attachments below.
- Email a request to [email protected] with “Request copy of RFA 2019-1912-USA” in the subject line.
- Pick up a copy in person from the Department’s reception desk, located at 1200 First Street NE, 5th Floor, Washington, DC 20002. To make an appointment, call Casey Studhalter at (202) 535-2460 and mention this RFA by name.
- Write DOEE at 1200 First Street NE, 5th Floor, Washington, DC 20002, “Attn: Casey Studhalter RE:2019-1912-USA” on the outside of the envelope.
The deadline for application submissions is May 1, 2019, at 4:30 p.m. Five hard copies must be submitted to the above address and a complete electronic copy must be e-mailed to [email protected].
On Thursday, April 11, 2019 DOEE will host a pre-application conference at its headquarters office at 1200 First Street NE, Washington, DC 20002 from 1:00pm-2:00pm in conference room 512. Interested participants can attend in person by reporting to the 5th floor reception desk, or via phone at 1-866-459-6055 with the participant code 9112782.
Eligibility: The institutions below may apply for these grants:
- Nonprofit organizations, including those with IRS 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) determinations;
- Faith-based organizations;
- Government agencies
- Universities/educational institutions; and
- Private Enterprises.
For additional information regarding this RFA, write to: [email protected]