The online Self-Inspection and Self-Reporting (SISR) app makes it easy for property owners to report, track, share, and store inspection and maintenance records for their stormwater management facilities (SWMFs), also call best management practices (BMPs).
Property owners who have a Stormwater Management Plan are required to periodically inspect and maintain their SWMFs to keep them in good working order. And they must provide current maintenance records to DOEE inspectors upon request.
- View a list of Stormwater Management Plans and SWMFs associated with your properties.
- Maintain accurate records to comply with stormwater regulations.
- Manage and store information for multiple properties in one place.
- Grant access to property managers and maintenance professionals to complete forms.
- Apply to participate in the Stormwater Retention Credit (SRC) trading program, and recertify credits faster.
Create an account
- Go to the Stormwater Database web page.
- Register to create an account if you are a new user.
- Need help? Contact Alecia Jenkins at [email protected] or (202) 480-3867.
Review the Stormwater Facility SISR Guide
The Stormwater Facility Self-Inspection and Self-Reporting Guide (also attached below) explains how to use the SISR app to submit a report and also provides helpful information on how to select a maintenance service provider and which types of SWMFs you can inspect and maintain on your own and which ones require a professional. Please read the guide before using the SISR app.
What You Need
- Tablet, laptop, or smart phone with
- internet access
- Login credentials for Stormwater Database
- Stormwater Facility SISR Guide
- Flashlight (if inspecting sand filters, storage practices, or proprietary practices
- Shoes that cannot be easily punctured by glass or sharp objects
Inspect your SWMFs and submit a report
- Go to your property.
- Use a mobile device to log into the Stormwater Database.
- From the home screen, select Self-Inspection and Self-Reporting.
- Click on the address you want to inspect (some owners have multiple properties, each with their own plan numbers).
- View the approved Stormwater Management Plan to locate your facilities and identify maintenance requirements.
- Complete the inspection form. If maintenance was completed for an inspection task, select the date the maintenance occurred. Use the Stormwater Facility Self-Inspection and Self-Reporting Guide below as you complete each inspection task.
- Upload required photos:
- Facility location in relation to the building
- Downspouts, trench drains, catch basins, or sump pits connected to the SWMF
- Observation wells with caps on and off (for rain gardens, infiltration, sand filters)
- Drain boxes (for green roofs)
- Upload additional supporting documents if a contractor performed the maintenance:
- Service reports
- Waste disposal tickets
- Sign the form digitally.
DOEE staff will typically review your SISR submission and respond within two business days. Your submission is not complete until you receive an email with the subject line “Complete.” Save the “Complete” email for your records.