Online Self-Inspection and Self-Reporting (SISR) makes it easy for property owners and managers to report, track, share, and store inspection and maintenance records for stormwater best management practices (BMPs).
Property owners with a DOEE-approved stormwater management plan (SWMP) are required to periodically inspect and maintain their stormwater BMPs to keep them in good working order. They must also provide current maintenance documentation to DOEE upon request.
- View all SWMPs and stormwater BMPs associated with your property.
- Maintain accurate records to comply with District of Columbia stormwater regulations.
- Manage and store information for multiple properties in one place.
- Grant access to property managers and maintenance professionals to complete forms.
- Renew credit certification for the Stormwater Retention Credit (SRC) trading program.
Report Inspection or Maintenance Service Information Online
- Visit the Surface and Groundwater System (SGS) to create an account.
- From the home screen select Self-Inspection and Self-Reporting.
- Click on the address you want to inspect (some owners have multiple properties, each with their own plan numbers) or enter a four-digit SWMP number.
- Select Inspect this BMP to complete a checklist for each stormwater BMP.
- Upload required photos (examples below)
a: Facility location in relation to a building or street sign
b:Downspouts, trench drains, catch basins, or sump pits connected to the stormwater BMP
c:Observation wells with caps on and off (for rain gardens, infiltration, and sand filters)
d:Drain boxes (for green roofs)
6. Upload additional supporting documents if a contractor performed the maintenance:
- Work service reports
- Waste manifest disposal tickets
7. Sign the form(s) electronically and click Submit to DOEE.
DOEE staff will review SISR submissions in the order received.
Need help with SISR? Contact: [email protected].