Five Easy Steps to Going Solar in DC:
- Find your site potential using the DC Solar Tool
- Contact installers to get a free site assessment and quote (document attached below)
- Decide to own or lease the solar system: Visit Energy Sage to learn more
- Explore local bulk purchasing options: Visit DC SUN to learn more
- Install and reap the benefits!
Area installers will help you select the best system(s), guide you through the application processes for incentives and SRECs, and answer any questions you may have about how best to proceed.
View DC’s Solar Roadmap to learn how the Government of the District is working to transform DC’s solar market. This initiative is part of a larger US DOE SunShot-funded regional effort - Greater Washington’s Solar Energy Information Hub.
Solar For All
Solar for All intends to increase the amount of solar energy generated in the District and to provide the benefits from locally generated solar power to small businesses, nonprofits, seniors, and low-income households. Read more>>
- DCRA Guidelines for Solar Systems – Permitting and safety inspections
- District of Columbia Solar Map - Estimate any property’s rooftop solar potential, costs, and environmental benefits
- Planning for Home Renewable Energy Systems
- PV WATTS Calculator - Estimate Your PV System's Electrical Output
- How Solar Water Heating Systems Work
- Federal Tax Credits Available for Solar and Energy Efficiency Projects (The District of Columbia does not offer tax incentives at this time.)
- Pepco Green Power Connection – Interconnection of PV systems
- DC Public Service Commission Renewable Energy Portfolio Standard Program – Register solar systems to generate and sell solar renewable energy credits (SRECs)