The Clean Rivers Impervious Area Charge (CRIAC) Residential Relief Program provides relief for income-eligible DC Water customers.
- Customer Assistance Program (CAP) provides eligible DC Water customers a discount on the first 400 cubic feet (3,000 gallons) of water and sewer services used each month. Eligible households will receive an additional fifty percent (50%) reduction in the monthly CRIAC and a Water Service Replacement Fee waiver. The monthly discount is approximately $65 a month.
- Customer Assistance Program II (CAP2) provides eligible DC Water customers a discount on the first 300 cubic feet (2,250 gallons) of water and sewer services used each month (with the exception of PILOT and ROW fees) and 50% reduction in the monthly CRIAC. The monthly discount is approximately $45 a month.
- Customer Assistance Program III (CAP3) provides eligible DC Water customers with a discount of 75% off of the monthly CRIAC. The monthly discount is approximately $15 a month.
Income Guidelines for FY20 (October 1, 2019 - September 30, 2020)
The table below provides the dollar figures for each program’s income limits by household size:
Size 60% of SMI 80% of AMI 100% AMI
1 $32,814 $67,950 $84,900
2 $42,911 $77,650 $97,050
3 $53,007 $87,350 $109,150
4 $63,104 $97,050 $121,300
5 $73,201 $104,850 $121,300*
6 $83,297 $112,600 $121,300*
7 $85,190 $120,350 $121,300*
8 $87,084 $121,300* $121,300*
*Figures are capped based on language from the Budget Support Act.
How do I apply for CRIAC Assistance?
- CRIAC Residential Relief Application
- Email your application and documentation to [email protected]
- Mail your application to DOEE, Attn: CRIAC Residential Relief Program,
1200 First Street NE, 5th Floor, Washington DC 20002.
- Photo identification for the applicant;
- Proof of income (for example, a pay stub, Social Security statement, or other income statement); and
- Your most recent DC Water bill.*