Important DOEE Telephone Numbers
To report deteriorating paint conditions in a residential dwelling unit built before 1978, or in common areas of a multifamily property built before 1978, or in a child-occupied facility like a daycare, built before 1978, please call (202) 535-1934.
For information about the District’s Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program, which follows up on cases of children with blood lead levels above 5 micrograms of lead per deciliter of blood, please call (202) 654-6036.
For questions or information about the District’s Accreditation, Certification and Permitting Program, please call (202) 478-2441.
More Information About Lead
Lead and health:
- Toxic Substance Portal, Lead (ATSDR)
- Water filters (NSF International)
- The District and water (Environmental Protection Agency)
- Toys (Consumer Product Safety Commission)
- Other children's products (Consumer Product Safety Commission)
- Lead poisoning prevention (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
General information on lead:
- United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
Lead in the workplace:
- Occupational Safety and Hazard Administration (OSHA)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC, NIOSH)