DOEE solicits grant applications from eligible entities (called “Applicants”). The goals of this Request for Applications (RFA) are to protect and enhance, directly or indirectly, the District’s water bodies or watersheds. Projects should raise awareness and lead to behavior change around watershed and stormwater-related issues, through education, installation and maintenance of runoff reducing green infrastructure, art installations, or another means as described in Section 1.6 of the RFA. Another goal is to create new community partners and strengthen existing relationships. Projects should be inspired and supported by the target community. The amount available for the project is approximately $200,000. DOEE will award multiple grants of up to $20,000. The deadline for application submissions is January 26, 2018, at 6:00 P.M.
A person may obtain a copy of this RFA by any of the following means:
Download from the attachments below.
Email a request to [email protected] with “Request copy of RFA 2018-1806-WPD” in the subject line.
Pick up a copy in person from the Department’s reception desk, located at 1200 First Street NE, 5th Floor, Washington, DC 20002. To make an appointment, call Emily Rice at (202) 535-2679 and mention this RFA by name.
Write DOEE at 1200 First Street NE, 5th Floor, Washington, DC 20002, “Attn: Emily Rice RE:2018-1806-WPD” on the outside of the envelope.
DOEE will host the following public information sessions:
- December 11th: South East Library – 403 7th St SE, SOE Meeting Room at 6:30PM
- December 14th: DOEE Headquarters—1200 First Street NE, Room 612 at 1 pm
- January 8th: Anacostia Library – 1800 Good Hope Road SE, Ora Glover Community Room at 6:30 PM
- January 9th : Shaw (Watha T. Daniel) Library – 1630 7th St NW at 6:30 PM
- January 11th: DOEE Headquarters—1200 First Street NE, Room 612 at 1 pm
Eligibility: Institutions listed below may apply for this grant:
- Nonprofit organizations, including those with IRS 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) determinations;
- Faith-based organizations;
- Government agencies
- Universities/educational institutions; and
- Private Enterprises.
For additional information regarding this RFA, write to: [email protected].