ALERT: With Mayor Bowser adjusting the District’s operating status in response to coronavirus (COVID-19), all non-essential agency events, gatherings and meetings are postponed through March 31. DOEE remains open. All staff will work remotely, except in limited cases. All DOEE operations and services remain unchanged unless otherwise stated. For operating status of DC Government and more information on response, please visit coronavirus.dc.gov.
Taylor Street & MLK Energy Centers – closed from March 16 through April 24, 2020. During modified operations, clients may only apply online (link below).
The Utility Discount Programs (UDP) assists low-income District residents reduce their utility costs. To qualify, your utility bills need to be in your name and you must meet income guidelines (below) established by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
If you're eligible, you could receive discounts of:
- Up to $475 per year on your electric bills ($300 per year if you don't have electric heat).
- Up to $276 during the winter season on your gas bills.
- Over $400 annually on your water and sewer bills.
For Lifeline discount phone service call 1(800) 253-0846.
How to apply online:
Start your online application.
How to apply in-person:
Call 311 to schedule an appointment at one of DOEE’s Energy Centers (location details are found below)
Bring the following documents with you:
- Your government issued ID
- Proof of income for all household members
- Social Security cards for everyone in your home
- Your most recent PEPCO, Washington Gas, and or DC Water bills (or a copy)
1207 Taylor St., NW
2100 Martin Luther King, Jr. Ave., SE
Income Guidelines for FY20 (beginning October 1, 2019)
|Household Size||Maximum Annual Income|