DOEE has financial assistance, discounts, and energy efficiency programs to help District residents with their utility bills. Please see below for services available to District residents.
ADVISORY: Appointments or online applications are required for District residents to apply for energy assistance with the DOEE. Online applications for Fiscal Year 2020 assistance will be accepted after October 1, 2019.
District residents must apply for assistance by completing an online application or by calling 3-1-1 to schedule an in-person appointment.
If your energy service is not disconnected: call 3-1-1 beginning October 7, 2019 for appointments taking place after November 1, 2019.
ADVISORY: The Emergency Mechanical Systems Program is available to single family homeowners that have inoperable central air conditioning units, heating systems, hot water tanks, and chimney liners. Funding is on a first come first serve basis. For more information, please call (202) 299-3316.
Services for Income Eligible Residents
- Receive Help Paying Your Energy Bills (LIHEAP)
- Receive Discounts on Your Utility Bills (UDP)
- Make Your Home More Energy Efficient with the Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP)
- NEW: Receive Help with Your DC Water Bill (CRIAC)
- NEW: Lead Pipe Replacement Assistance Program
Additional Resources for Residents
- 2018 Energy Burden Report
- Do-It-Yourself Home Energy Audits
- Energy Assistance Frequently Asked Questions
- Solar Initiative
Additional Resources for Businesses: