DOEE can help you with your energy and utility bills. We have financial assistance, discounts and late bill forgiveness programs.
ADVISORY: Appointments or online applications are required for District residents to apply for energy assistance with the DOEE.
- Beginning October 1, 2016, residents must apply for assistance by calling 3-1-1 to schedule an in-person appointment or by completing an online application
- If your energy service is disconnected: call 3-1-1 beginning September 19 for appointments taking place in October
- If your energy service is not disconnected: call 3-1-1 beginning October 1 for appointments taking place after November 1
Residents who are not disconnected, can begin calling on October 1, 2016 to schedule regular appointments that will begin on November 1, 2016.
Services for Low-Income Residents
- Help paying your utility bills (LIHEAP)
- DIY Home Energy Audit
- Discounts on your utility bills (UDP)
- Weatherization - help weatherizing your home (WAP)
Additional Resources for Residents:
- Energy Choice DC
- Additional Renewable Energy Resources for Residents
- Additional Energy Efficiency Resources for Residents
- Do-It-Yourself Home Energy Audits
- Energy Assistance Frequently Asked Questions
- Energy Efficiency Workshop and Kit
- EnergySmartDC Solar Initiative for Low-Income Residents
Additional Resources for Businesses:
- Draft WAP State Plan for Fiscal Year 2018 – Weatherization Assistance Program
- Draft LIHEAP State Plan for Fiscal Year 2017
- Draft WAP State Plan for Fiscal Year 2017 – Weatherization Assistance Program
- WAP State Plan for Fiscal Year 2016 – Revision 1 - Weatherization Assistance Program
- District of Columbia Fiscal Year 2016 Draft LIHEAP State Plan
- WAP State Plan for Fiscal Year 2016 - Weatherization Assistance Program
- WAP State Plan for Fiscal Year 2015 – Weatherization Assistance Program
- District of Columbia Fiscal Year 2015 LIHEAP State Plan
- LIHEAP Public Hearing Register Notice
DC Sustainable Energy Utility (DCSEU)
The DCSEU helps DC residents and businesses use less energy and save money.
Get Ready to Take Control - Pepco Smart Meters
Get a new smart meter from Pepco to help you take control of the energy you use in your home each and every day.