You can generate and sell Stormwater Retention Credits (SRCs) to earn revenue for projects that reduce harmful stormwater runoff by installing green infrastructure (GI) or by removing impervious surfaces. You can sell your SRCs in an open market to properties that have regulatory requirements for managing stormwater.
DOEE offers many resources to help you get started on an SRC-generating project. You can generate SRCs on your property or you can start an SRC-aggregating business to generate SRC from multiple properties.
For more information about the SRC trading program, contact Matthew Espie at [email protected] or (202) 715-7644.
The following pages provide additional information on the SRC trading program:
- SRC and Off-Site Retention Volume (Offv) Registry – Find SRCs for sale, SRC sale prices, and more market data.
- SRC Price Lock Program – Lock in an SRC sale price with DOEE for your green infrastructure project in the MS4.
- Aggregator Startup Grant Program – These grants support technical and outreach work to identify potential -generating green infrastructure projects in the MS4 (typically across multiple sites).
- Site Evaluation Program – Request an evaluation of potential -generating green infrastructure projects on your property (you must have at least .5 acres available and be located within the MS4).
- SRC eligibility and certification process
- SRC program resources
- Training sessions
- Case Studies
- Press releases, SRCs in the news, and program reports