DOEE can help you with your energy and utility bills. We have financial assistance, discounts and late bill forgiveness programs.
ADVISORY: Appointments or online applications are required for District residents to apply for energy assistance with the DOEE.
District residents must apply for assistance by completing an online application or by calling 3-1-1 to schedule an in-person appointment.
If your energy service is not disconnected: call 3-1-1 beginning October 1, 2018 for appointments taking place after November 1, 2018.
Services for Low-Income Residents
- Help paying your utility bills (LIHEAP)
- DIY Home Energy Audit
- Discounts on your utility bills (UDP)
- Weatherization - help weatherizing your home (WAP)
Additional Resources for Residents:
- 2018 Energy Burden Report
- Energy Choice DC
- Additional Renewable Energy Resources for Residents
- Additional Energy Efficiency Resources for Residents
- Do-It-Yourself Home Energy Audits
- Energy Assistance Frequently Asked Questions
- EnergySmartDC Solar Initiative for Low-Income Residents
Additional Resources for Businesses:
DC Sustainable Energy Utility (DCSEU)
The DCSEU helps DC residents and businesses use less energy and save money.
Get Ready to Take Control - Pepco Smart Meters
Get a new smart meter from Pepco to help you take control of the energy you use in your home each and every day.